Tuesday, September 30, 2008

On days like today

I don't much like myself on days like today, days when the amount of laundry generated by one child's late night upset-tummy episode by far exceeds the number of hours available in which to wash said laundry;

days when the volume of raised voices by far surpass the quantity of loving words distributed to my children;

days when lunchtime can't seem to come soon enough but then, somehow, is here much too soon;

days when there is absolutely no way that I would ever allow our lovely speech therapist into this house of utter disarray and chaos and still hope to maintain any shred of dignity (let alone my in-laws, who may or may not be passing through today);

days when all formal lessons are set aside following a near frantic, guilt induced phone call to loving husband;

days when a single, monosyllabic utterance seems to succinctly sum up my entire state of being: meh.

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

5 comments:

Blair said...

I feel your pain. Today was a "meh" day over here. I'm in the middle of a blog entry about it too ;) Prayers that tomorrow will be better for us both!

Thanks for keeping it "real", Melissa.

Michelle said...

We all have rough days. Hope it is better tomorrow.

Chelsea Rae said...

i have been reading your blog for quite a while now (since before your last baby was born!) but I don't think I have ever commented, I just wanted to say thank you for your honesty! It is so nice to know other people have days like this! God bless you!

Jen said...

Oh Melissa, your honesty is beautiful and refreshing. There are going to be tough days. Days were you wonder, "Why are we doing this!" No day is every supposed to be perfect. It's in the bad days that we grow and learn. Be assured of my prayers for you!

Melissa @ Homegrown Catholics said...

Have I mentioned I just love the way your blog looks. Sorry your day is so "meh."

I am having a "whatever" kind of wednesday. Catching up on "whatever" I feel like, and figuring I can finish the rest tomorrow.

Praying for you today! Praying you can have a "feet up on the table and relax" moment in the midst of your chaos.

[hey, did you ever go see Get Smart? They guy who fights "chaos." I sure could use the cone of silence every now and then.]