Thursday, September 04, 2008

Priorities

I have this blog entry called "All the posts I never wrote" sitting in my drafts folder, the purpose of which was supposed to be sharing all the fun and wonderful things we did together over the summer that never made it onto my blog. It still isn't finished, and now I'm so far behind in playing catch up that I promised myself I would make a much more concerted effort to stay current with my fall posts, beginning with the very first day of our second year of homeschooling.

But, that didn't happen.

(Sorry, Mom!)

I had every intention of writing all about our day last night, but what I failed to take into consideration was the fact that the Republican National Convention was being televised live and of course there was no way I was going to miss watching Gov. Sarah Palin speak. (Love her. LOVE her!) What I also failed to consider was how hyped up the children would still be an hour past their bedtime, working, entirely on their own, on new school projects! And then, too, there was the pact I made with myself to be in bed no later than ten o'clock every night (which didn't exactly happen last night), but I simply could not postpone bedtime any later in favor of blogging.

And now I'm up much later than I wanted to be this morning (You see? I should have been in bed earlier last night!) and it won't be long before the day is moving along in full swing. Right now a second cup of coffee and a shower are sounding much more preferable to sitting in front of the computer, so that post still isn't written...but later. Hopefully today. Or tonight, maybe. For now, just know that our first day back was amazing, mostly everything I hoped for, and my children enjoyed every minute.

Here's hoping for another great day of learning!

No comments: