Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sound of Silence

Ahhh...it is SO quiet! Meghan is sleeping peacefully, Darren is running errands with Dylan and Caitlyn, I've got some laundry washing...the house is tidied up, I just enjoyed a delicious bowl of ice cream without having to share a single bite, and I can actually hear birds singing outside! How can that be?! No arguing, no fighting, no obnoxiously loud toys...

...no small voices, no happy laughter, no pitter-patter of tiny feet...

I hope they hurry home.

1 comment:

Celeste Creates said...

I had this exact same feeling on Friday. My older two were at their grandparents for the day and night and my baby was sleeping sometimes. It was awfully quiet. Even baby Andrew knew something was different. It made me wonder what I did when there was only one. I honestly don't remember!