Thursday, July 27, 2006

Happy Day

What a perfectly wonderful day.

When I got ready this morning, I lingered just a little longer in the shower. I indulged myself with fragrant lotion. I painted my toenails. I straightened my hair. I put on make-up. I wore a skirt!

I had a lunch date with Darren!

My mom came over to watch Dylan and Caitlyn, and Darren, Meghan, and I escaped for two glorious hours. We ran a few errands, then enjoyed a nice, quiet lunch together at a new restaurant we'd been wanting to try. It has been so long since we've had any significant time alone together. And when I say alone, I mean no disrespect towards Meghan...she was a perfectly lovely companion on our "date"! What I mean is, it has been a very long while since Darren and I have been out together, especially for a meal, when one or both of the older kids weren't, by the very nature of kids, demanding our attention. Over lunch this afternoon, we were able to carry on an engaging, uninterrupted, adult conversation!

Today I was reminded of all the many reasons I fell in love with Darren nearly ten years ago... and why, after all this time, I have so many more reasons to love him still.

No comments: