Thursday, July 12, 2007

Princess Crafts

We were browsing through Barnes & Noble several nights ago, in search of a few things I was interested in as part of our Kindergarten curriculum for the fall. I found much of what I was hoping to find, and then made my way to the bargain books table. There I added to my stack two new Look and Find books for Dylan and a cute glow in the dark butterfly board book for Meghan, but I wasn't having much luck finding anything specifically for Caitlyn. And then, I saw it: the perfect book.

This book was meant for my girls and me; it practically leapt off the shelf into my outstretched hands! My Princess Craft book is a real gem, fun and bright and packed with things to do and make. Spiral bound for ease of use (I really love that feature!), it includes simple step-by-step instructions for over twenty crafts (and even simple snacks), all the necessary patterns and templates, and two pages of gold stickers for embellishing finished products. I brought it home and gazed longingly at it over the next few days, but was too busy to devote any amount of time to any projects with Caitlyn. Yesterday, though, was the kind of day that just begs for some fun, indoor activity. Dark and rainy, and with chores finished early, a restlessness permeated the entire house. I put Meghan down for a nap and then brought out at least half of the craft supplies I keep stocked in our hall closet. Caitlyn was so excited! We looked through her book together and decided on a cute "Pop-up Princess". Even Dylan was happy to sit up on a bar stool to help, and, though I did have to offer quite a bit of assistance, Caitlyn was very proud of her finished product.

Judging by a quick glance out the window this morning, it appears that today is another dreary shade of gray. I wonder what new, colorful craft we might find later to brighten things up?

5 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

Love the ideas. Nicole would love that craft!

Cheryl said...

That craft came out great. Thanks for sharing about the book.

Jill said...

So cute! I need to get better about crafting in the summer. We seem to really slack off...but what a great thing to do on a rainy day, or when it's too hot for pregnant mommy to be running around outside.

Crafty Mom said...

Seems like we may need a trip out to the local Barnes and Noble tonight. My daughter would love making a princess that pops out of a castle.

xxxxxx said...

That's adorable! It's one of the cutest things I have seen!

A princess party would be a cute party idea...