Wednesday, April 01, 2009

He makes me proud!

Through the use of fill-in-the-blank sentences and a word search, Dylan's grammar lesson this morning reviewed the use of silent consonants. Hunting for the word "comb", he looked up at me and said, "Hey, Mommy! If we take off the "b", then we wouldn't have comb, we'd have com."

Misunderstanding, I thought he meant "calm", and wondered how my bright boy could make such a simple spelling mistake. Before I could formulate a response, though, he continued...

"Like, www dot blank dot com!"

:)

Of course! Silly me!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

what a smart boy! I've been thinking about you, Melissa and hope you're well! I'm off to read your post below now!

Judy Dudich said...

THAT is so dear!!!
I am so happy to have stumbled across your delightful blog!
I will visit often :)
You can visit me here:
http://benmakesten.blogspot.com/
http://www.momoften.webs.com/
Hope to get to know you Melissa!
God bless your sweet family ~

Judy Dudich said...

Oh, and I love the new measuring tape :)