Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Further proof...

...that I am married to the most incredible husband in the world:

Within moments of simultaneously walking through the front door (he from work, me from picking up Dylan from catechism with the girls), he stands with me in the kitchen surveying the mess on the counters and spilling embarrassingly from both sinks. The mixing bowls and muffin pans are still sitting there from breakfast this morning, as well as pots and skillets from lunch, not to mention the tens of hundreds of cups and bowls and plates left there throughout the day.

With a sigh, I set the diaper bag on the counter but before I can even say anything in my own defense, he lights up and says, "Hey! I have an idea!" Taking my face in his hands, he leans in close and whispers in my ear, "Why don't you go play on the computer for a while, while I take care of all this? You deserve a break!"

Really?! Are you kidding me?! I totally don't deserve this.

(But I'm enjoying it, anyway!)

Thank you, sweetie. I love you!

3 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

WOW!...he rocks!
Hope you enjoyed your special time!

Celeste Creates said...

I couldn't agree with your observation more! You got a good one! I think I know another one!

Lots of love to you,
Celeste

Cheryl said...

That's awesome!