When Muddy Mama tagged me for this meme several days ago, I remarked to Darren that I thought it would be hilarious if he responded on my behalf by posting "7 non-important things/habits/quirks" about me. He looked at me as though I had suddenly sprouted a second head and said, "Are you crazy? There is no way that any self respecting husband would do that to himself. I am not putting myself in that position."
"Oh, but c'mon," I wheedled. "It'll be fun! Here's your chance to say anything you want to about me! I'll even let you talk about my pathetically short, stubby toes. Or my abysmal navigational skills. Or the time you caught me unabashedly tap dancing in the bathroom of our first apartment." (In my defense on that one, which he still brings up on an embarrassingly regular basis, I just have to say that I was wearing at the time the most incredible pair of "clicky" heeled loafers, and our bathroom boasted not only a full length mirror but also amazing acoustics.)
Anyway, since he still, after six days, refuses to play along, I guess it's up to me to come up with some random facts about myself. But first, here are the rules of the meme:
1. When tagged, place the name and URL on your blog.
2. Post rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.
5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.
So let's see:
1. I am slightly paranoid when it comes to my children's safety, with car seats being one of my biggest concerns (second only, I think, to SIDS; I still have to check each of my children for breathing at least once a night for my own peace of mind. Hello! Dylan is six! Will I ever outgrow this habit? I fear not. I joke that when he's thirty, I'll still be sneaking in through his bedroom window, just like in Love You Forever.)
2. Books, songs, and/or movies about children growing up make me bawl like a baby. (The above mentioned book is a prime example, as is this music video. Or this one.)
3. I worry daily that I am ruining my children forever, that a significant portion of their adulthood will be spent in therapy on account of me.
4. Have you guessed yet? I'm sort of neurotic.
5. I like Tabasco on everything. This really confounds my foodie husband.
6. Singing is one of my very favorite things to do. I can apply a song to just about any given situation, and if I can't, I make one up...but only at home, because guess what?
7. In addition to being neurotic, I'm also very, very shy.