Saturday, April 19, 2008

Gratitude

Dear far away friend,

I have no words to express how deeply touched, humbled, astounded, and delighted I was to receive your beautiful gift in the mail today.

"A package for Kristen!" I exclaimed as Darren brought it in to me. (And then, with a gasp, "Oh, my goodness, and look who it's from!!!")

What a wonderful surprise! Kristen is so lucky that her mommy has found in you a very real, and very beautiful friend. "I can't believe it!" I said to Darren as the wrappings fell away to reveal the exquisiteness of your handiwork. "This makes me want to cry!"

"Well, go ahead!" he replied with a laugh.

And so it was with happy tears in my eyes that I gently placed Kristen on her very lovely, very "girlie" new quilt. These photos are as treasured to me as our friendship, and I wanted to share them here with you, too. Thank you so much, friend, for your selflessness and love, for your generosity, for the friendship I value far beyond measure. You are such a blessing in my life. I love you!


5 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

The quilt surely becomes her and SHE makes the quilt look so much more lovely! What a precious little face she has. When I look at her I cannot believe she wasn't even supposed to be here yet. She is beautiful.

Thank you for sharing the photos. This quilt has been earmarked for her for a while now - since I knew it was a girl. I hope she enjoys it.

Thank you for your sweet words. It was a gift of love and friendship. In some ways it was all I could do to bring some joy and beauty to this hectic time in your life. I can't bring a meal. I can't have the kids over to play. I can't give you and Darren a night out, but I COULD make and mail a quilt!

Enjoy. You are dear to me. Someday I will give you a real hug instead of a virtual one. Much love to you.

Celeste

Jill said...

Beautiful job, Celeste. It makes for a very nice new photo of Kristen in your Bountiful Blessings banner, Melissa.

Renee said...

How special & sweet... "God is Good"....

B-Mama said...

What a gorgeous quilt--beautiful choices of fabrics for a beautiful little girl!

Barbara said...

She is so very pretty (as is that lovely gift).