Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Beautiful Book

I was delighted when Darren brought home a copy of this beautiful book, The Quiltmaker's Gift, which he had found at a yard sale for a mere 50 cents! It has quickly become one of my favorite children's books, and sometimes, after the kids have gone to bed, I'll pick it up and read it again, slowly, to savor for my own enjoyment.


The story is sweet and wonderfully told, but the illustrations are what make this book a real treasure.

Every time I read it now, I am reminded of two very dear blogger friends who, I am certain, would absolutely love it!

2 comments:

mom-in-training said...

Thank you!! It's not one we have and I am so excited to get a copy. I've added it to my Christmas shopping list!!!

Celeste Creates said...

I just finished requesting it from the library! Thank you! Thank you!