Friday, June 29, 2007

Fun with Fingerprints

Remember Ed Emberley? I quite liked this book when I was a girl, and obviously, he's still got a knack for delighting young artists! I was so pleased to find a selection of his work while browsing through the children's section of Hasting's a few nights ago, and I just couldn't resist bringing home Ed Emberley's Fingerprint Drawing Book. I picked up an inexpensive, non-toxic, washable multicolor ink pad today to accompany it (as I recall, I only had boring red when I was little) and my kids and I passed the most enjoyable hour this afternoon creating fingerprint masterpieces. I had forgotten just how much fun this could be!

Here is just a small sampling of our finished work:

Dylan's Santa and Reindeer

Caitlyn's Caterpillars, Butterfly, and Flower

Mommy's Lion

No comments: