Wednesday, December 13, 2006

O Christmas Tree

As we were pulling into our driveway last Sunday, two of our neighbors (a very sweet couple who lives at the end of our cul-de-sac) walked over to ask us if we would like an extra Christmas tree, one which they won last year in a silent auction to benefit a local hospital but don't have room to display this year. How could we ever decline such a generous offer? Darren was a bit skeptical, unsure of where we would have room for another Christmas tree, but I was determined! It is so cute, decorated completely with teddy bears who are adorned with pink breast cancer awareness ribbons. I just knew I'd be able to find a perfect place for it in our home!

So yesterday afternoon, while Meghan was napping, I let Dylan and Caitlyn play for a while on the computer and got busy rearranging the furniture in our master bedroom. By moving the sofa from the bay window to the foot of our bed, I cleared enough space to create a very comfortable reading nook. I love it so much! I had really been missing my rocking chair, which we moved from our living room to the garage when we set up our main Christmas tree, so I was very happy to be able to move it into my bedroom. Darren was stunned last night when he got home from work, walked into our bedroom to change clothes, and saw this:

Here's a closer look at the tree:

I was filled with such joy last night as I rocked Meghan to sleep by the soft glow of the Christmas tree lights, and so thankful for the gift of such lovely neighbors.

5 comments:

Kristen Laurence said...

How fun! Anything that brings more Christmas in the home is a good thing! I bet your kids enjoy all those teddy bears.

Jill said...

I am so jealous of that awesome bay window you have in your bedroom! (Sorry, I know I was supposed to be looking at the tree...which, by the way, is also adorable.) I loved the description of rocking Meghan to sleep by the lights of the tree. I feel so peaceful just thinking of it.
Thanks for including me in your last post. I'm still feeling sad myself and can't quite bring myself to hit delete yet.

Just watch out. Without a blog I will be leaving comment 'books' on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Funny, Jill, I was thinking the same thing about the window!

There really is something so tranquil about Christmas lights. Wishing we had ours up already.

I agree that there's always room for another tree! I have such a Christmas decor fetish. The day after Christmas is my most favorite shopping day--scooping up bargains on miniature trees and wreaths for the following year.

Anonymous said...

So...how do you like the new version? I've been too chicken to try it.

He who wears the most black wins. said...

SO sweet. Can I have your neighbors? ;)

Enjoy that beautiful tree....and the other one too!