Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Feast of Saints Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael, Archangels


I have to preface this post by saying that it pains me greatly to not have any photos from yesterday. I took a bunch, too, but lost them all last night! I kept getting a "file error" message while trying to transfer them to my computer, and finally the only thing I could do was just reformat my memory card, losing, in the process, all the photos I had taken during the day! Sniff! I'm sure I don't have to tell you how sad that made me. :(

However, despite my lack of pictures to prove it, we really did enjoy a lovely feast day yesterday! It's one of our favorites! This beautiful image of St. Michael is one I printed, trimmed, and laminated to use as a cake topper for the delicious devil's food cake we made for dessert last night. Get it? Because Michael battled the devil? Okay, that's probably pretty obvious. ;)

For breakfast we had St. Michael's Waffles, and, because "it is a tradition that blackberries are no good to eat after September 29th because 'the Devil spat on them when he was cast out of Heaven into Hell on Michaelmas'!" we topped ours with warm blackberry jelly! They were so yummy!

We read the stories of Sts. Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael from our books of saints, and Dylan did a wonderful job of copying the St. Michael's prayer onto this gorgeous image of St. Michael battling Satan! He and the girls also did a splendid job of coloring the images shared by Charlotte for this special feast day!



Hope you all had a lovely feast day, as well!

No comments: