Sunday, June 25, 2006

To My Brilliant Boy

I remember holding you in my hospital room on the night you were born. So small and new, I marveled at the miracle that was you. Here at last was our son, the baby that for months Daddy and I had been so eager to meet! As I gazed into your tiny face, I never imagined that you would grow so heartbreakingly fast. I blinked, and you've become the most incredible little boy, one who finds new ways to amaze me each and every single day. Today you were remarkable...you read your very first book! (Books, actually...two of them! "Mat" and "Sam", books 1 and 2 of your Bob Books for beginning readers.) Words can't describe how proud I am of you! Daddy and I have enjoyed reading to you from the time you were born, and I hope you will always love books the way you do now. Countless adventures await you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! YAY! Congratulations to the dillybear. (=

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of my little boy! YOu did a great job , Liss, and I love you for that.