Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Going Green

One of the happy discoveries I've made in researching more healthy foods is that of green smoothies.  I know, right?!  Doesn't that name just sound revolting?  They really are quite yummy, though, and I am so grateful to one of my coworkers for directing me to this website.  So many great recipes there!  (Not all of them are "green".)  One of my favorites is super easy to whip up and is a big hit with my kids, too!  We call it Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie:  blend several ice cubes, one large, ripe banana, a great big handful of fresh baby spinach leaves, one tablespoon of peanut butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon and dash of vanilla, and one cup of Flaxmilk (or any mik of your choice; I appreciate the low calories and extra nutrients in the Flaxmilk, and I can buy it at Walmart!) until smooth.  I always share this, and my half equals about 3 WW pointsa perfect mid-morning or afternoon treat!  :)   

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

yummmmmmmmm.......