Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Blogging in bullets

  • Fresh from my shower this morning, I walked into the kitchen and found my nine year old son standing at the counter brewing a pot of coffee--FOR HIMSELF.  Hahahaha!  It's really too bad I make him drink decaf; I'd have really enjoyed a cup, too.  ;)

  • That same boy is meeting with the deacon at our church this afternoon as one of the final requirements before receiving his First Holy Communion on May 8th (Mother's Day!)  I can't believe that day is (finally) nearly here!

  • Caitlyn and I are having so much fun working towards more AHG badges!  She created some beautiful works of art for her Artastic badge; even Dylan joined us at that kitchen table for that one!  I love including the other kids whenever possible for the requirements we complete at home.

  • I am seriously loving getting up early each morning.  I was up at 5:00 a few mornings ago and was able (in addition to emptying all the trash cans, sweeping the kitchen, starting the dishwasher, and sorting a load of laundry) to say a whole rosary while watching a beautiful sunrise.  The loveliest shades of  pink filled the morning sky while I sipped my coffee in the quiet living room.

  • Having said that, I'm realizing more and more that I'm a terribly lazy person.  This morning I accidentally overslept, waking (again) at 7:15 and feeling terribly behind from the moment I set foot out of bed.  So, just for fun, I decided to play a little game with myself; I called it "Let's see how much I can accomplish while Caitlyn has her bath".  The answer:  a LOT!  Had I known how much I could get done in a mere 10 (or so) minutes, I'd have given up facebook long before Lent!  Or maybe not.  ;)

  • I'm itching to take another road trip.  We went to Tucson in February and it was so much fun!  One night in our hotel room, as we were all sprawled across the two Queen sized beds laughing our heads off at America's Funniest Home Videos, I said (not entirely in jest) to Darren that I wished we could sell all of our things, including our house, and just move into a hotel--the ultimate experience in family togetherness.  :)

  • Netflix is awesome and I can't believe we held out for so long.  But now a certain five year old is reminding me that I told her she could watch a movie while I prepped for dinner so I guess that's my cue to get off the computer.  ;)
  • 4 comments:

    Jill said...

    We, too, love Netflix!
    We don't have any other form of television (no cable or network), but have not missed it. The instant downloads are awesome. I just go over to the computer and pop a 'Kipper' show into the instant line-up if needed for Henry. So easy! I am really into all of the National Geographic documentaries during my one million nursing sessions. And it's fun to get some in the mail also. We have been getting the American Girl movies via the mail. Molly was returned last week and Felecity is waiting her turn for movie time. :)

    Melissa said...

    Jill, Kipper is Kristen's favorite! I love it, too. :) The National Geographic documentaries are great and I've also found some really neat NOVA specials (that's the geek in me from my school days, lol!). We've watched one on Ancient Egypt (Dylan loved it) and one called Dogs: Decoded. This was when Caitlyn was our chief dog investigator, researching all she could on dogs! Guess it paid off, because she's got the pups she always wanted. :) AND, we were so excited to find AG movies on there! Kit's up next in our lineup. ;) We need to meet. Caitlyn told me the other day that she wishes Aslynn could be her best friend in real life.

    Becki! said...

    I miss you on FB, but admire your commitment! It's great to see you blogging again. -Becki

    Melissa said...

    Aw, thanks Becki! But don't worry; I'm sure I'll be back on FB after Easter. Maybe not as much, though. It feels nice to not be checking it constantly, although I do miss that connection with my friends. :(