Monday, January 25, 2010

Learning along the Alphabet Path: "M" week

I don't remember when or where it was, but I read once that a certain blogger never blogged if there were dirty dishes in her kitchen sink. I liked that rule, and I've been trying to follow it, too...which explains why I haven't been posting much lately! :)

Anyway, here's a quick look at a few fun highlights from "M" week! "M" was for Mallow, Mozzarella, Michael, Martin, and More!

Coloring pages (still waiting for our flower fairy book to be delivered!):


Monkey Bread:



Inspired by this book:

...we had this for dinner! (Made with love by my dear, darling Darren!)


Memories


One day last week Caitlyn really wanted to look through all of our old photo albums to see pictures of herself and each of her siblings as a newborn. It was so fun (though a little bittersweet) to take a little stroll down Memory Lane! In the photo above, we were looking at pictures of me pregnant with Dylan. Look at that belly, LOL! (Ohhh, and if you look really closely at that middle picture of me you can see the holding chair in the corner of the living room in our first apartment!)

Other "M" topics (our actual school work) included Mealtime Manners, Money, Migration, Motion, Mountains and Meadows, and Maps. References included:


I also really, really enjoy searching our bookshelves for topic relevant picture books, or titles that correspond to our letter of the week! Some of the books we chose for "M" week were:


Also can't forget all the Maze and Magic Eye books we had fun with! "M" week was a good week, I'm having a little more trouble with "N" week! Today went well, though, hopefully the rest of the week will, too. :)

No comments: