Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So much to do...

I'm procrastinating right now because there is so much to be done around here that I don't even know where to begin. Posting pictures to my blog seems like a good start! :)

I just wanted to share a little bit of what we've been up to lately. It's been so gorgeous here and the children and I have really been taking advantage of these beautiful days. We're pretty much finished up with school, although there are a few things we'll be working on over the summer, so we've been out and about much more lately.

Last week we packed a picnic lunch and headed to a pretty park to eat under the shade trees. They were pretty disappointed that there wasn't extensive playground equipment, but we did enjoy our picnic and afterwards we spent some time at the mall, then headed home to swim, so it was still a great day! :)

I just love these pictures of them enjoying our picnic:





Yesterday we went to Hobby Lobby to select the materials for Dylan's first grade scrapbook, and while we were out I decided to take them to a nature garden that we haven't visited in a very long while. They love it because it has so many different paths through tall trees and flowering shrubs, a beautiful fountain, a small bridge, a giant gazebo, and an area enclosed in low, stair step walls that feel like the remains of a castle. Although we were greatly enjoying exploring our "enchanted kingdom", it was getting pretty late and we were getting pretty hungry, so we headed home to have some lunch. Next time, we'll go a little earlier so we can stay longer!





Oh, and I just have to share these two photos! Kristen finally had her first haircut on Sunday afternoon! Her hair had finally grown long enough that it kept skimming her eyes, and she just does not like barrettes in her hair...she kept pulling them out and putting them in her mouth every time I tried to sneak them in! Not a good thing. I kept wanting to trim it just a bit but wanted Darren around for moral support (and to photograph the event for me, of course!) Here are her before and after pictures:



Ahhh...much better!

Okay, off now to tackle at least a few of these chores. I'd really like to enjoy our long holiday weekend without having so much to do around here!

1 comment:

Lillian said...

They are beautiful and getting so BIG!!