Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My aspiring author

Dylan, as I'm sure many of my regular blog readers know, loves typing stories on the computer. I've posted some in the past, but his style has really matured and Darren and I are constantly amazed at the half finished tales we are forever finding minimized at the bottom of our computer screen. We encourage him to finish one before starting another, but sometimes, he just can't wait! He just posted one of his completed stories on his Super Wilson Blog, but I'm posting this one, too, because I just love it so much. It's just a start, but it's entirely his...spelling, punctuation, everything. I'm posting it as it appears in the Word document so you can appreciate the full effect of his work. He is really amazing to watch, typing faster than his Nonny and changing font sizes and styles to suit the story! I love my boy. :)

4 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

Melissa, he is a truly amazing and gifted child. I am so happy to see you enjoy your precious boy! I miss you bunches.
Celeste

Frances said...

Fabulous start to a story! I love the special touch of the font and the rhythm of the short sentences. I hope you're keeping a file of all the little bits of writing you discover so he can look back on his progress. :)

Unknown said...

Wow! I want to read the rest of the story now! He is really amazing, Melissa! He sure doesn't write like a 7 year old child, does he? I know you are proud of him (and the girls, too)! I do hope you and Kristen are feeling better. I felt so sorry for the baby after reading your blog about the scratch on her cornea. Enjoy the rest of the holiday week!

Jen said...

I am beyond impressed. He is very, very talented. My Abigail loves to write short stories and have me type them on the computer. I've going to have her read Dylan's. She was just saying the other day that she'd love to find someone "like herself" who loves to write stories, and that she would love to illustrate with them. We should pair them up!