Friday, August 29, 2008

A post without a point.

Darren and Dylan are out running some vitally important errands for me this morning, namely refilling my inkjet cartridges (oh happy day!), replenishing my supply of coffee creamer, and hopefully, hopefully, procuring a stash of safe allergy relief medication. I am dying here. How in the world I can forget year to year the debilitating effects of seasonal allergies is beyond me; perhaps it's selective memory? Kind of like childbirth, I suppose. I'm always caught off guard by how excruciating that can be, too, even having been through it a fair number of times now. Anyway, about the allergies. I used to joke that I was allergic to school because every fall, without fail, I would be absolutely wiped out by allergies right around the start of each school year. For about a week now I've been enduring eyes so itchy I want to gouge them out of my head, a nose that won't stop running, sneezing, sneezing, sneezing, horrible headaches...and this morning when I woke up I felt so light headed, and sort of buzzed (not that I'd know, I'm just totally guessing here) and I couldn't really catch my breath...I managed to bathe Caitlyn and then felt so exhausted that I had to lay back down again to recuperate. Pathetic! Right now my girls (two of them, anyway) are prancing around, in and out of my walk-in closet, retrieving relics such as the maternity bathing suit I haven't in worn in, gosh, how many years? Caitlyn is wearing it right now, and to be honest, I don't think I've worn it since she herself was still in utero! They crack me up, those girls. Kristen's asleep on the bed behind me and I thought I might tackle the mounting pile of laundry but really have no desire to do so. Instead, I'm watching the beautifully eloquent Gov. Sarah Palin speak on Fox News and I just can't stop smiling. I am utterly thrilled with Sen. McCain's selection for Vice Presidential running mate! What awesome news. I had to call Darren as soon as I heard the announcement.

Time now, though, to wrap up this entirely random post because, in all seriousness, that laundry really should be addressed or we'll have no clean clothes this weekend. I'm working tonight but I'll sleep tomorrow and then--and oh, I can't wait for this!--I'm going to be baking some fresh bread and chocolate chip cookies to pack up for the mountain excursion we've got planned for Sunday. I'm praying the weather will hold out for us. Storms are expected, but you just never know.

1 comment:

Nope said...

Love your blog...my son P. is enjoying your son's creativity!!! God bless you!!!