Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mealtime Madness

Before I go to bed tonight I just have to share these dinnertime photos because they so perfectly capture the nature of my three oldest children. At mealtimes, with very few exceptions, there ensues the same scenario: I call the children to the table, and my girls come running, clamoring for a seat together, (with Meghan invariably trying to squeeze herself onto the same chair as Caitlyn), while Dylan takes his sweet time, ambling in at long last with book in hand, which I have to pry from his grip at the very last second as I set his plate before him. Tonight, I finally thought to capture the scene on film (or rather, a memory card, as the case may be) and I'm so glad I did. (I love the lighting at this particular time of day, the sun casting a warm, golden, reflective glow off the dining room table.) Oblivious to his surroundings, Dylan sat engrossed in his book even as the girls became progressively louder and sillier. Aren't they a darling bunch? :)






4 comments:

Jill said...

How funny. Thanks for sharing with this. I love it! I LOVE all the windows in your eating area. What a peaceful feeling.

Jamie Jo said...

How cute! I love your windows too!

This scene looks much like mine, amazing, it must be birth order? We have the same order as you. Only, we have the baby being older now and just as loud as the other 2 girls singing, screaming and well, just being silly together.

How fun to capture it on film, what a great memory for them when they grow up!

Crafty Mom said...

I love the view you must have looking out your windows. The scenery behind the kids looks lovely. Dylan is also quite comical sitting there oblivious.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD! Caitlyn looks soooooooooo cute in that last one especially.