Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Birthday girl

We had so much fun celebrating little Meggie's birthday yesterday. And thank you all so much for the kind comments you left for her! I pretty much followed her around with the camera all day long, but wouldn't you know that I didn't even think to get pictures of the activities in which I was a participant? As such, I have no photographic evidence of the cuteness of her helping to make chocolate candy teddy bears, or of her "helping" to frost her cake. (This entailed large amounts of icing being consumed by all of my children, sometimes squirt directly into their mouths from the bag I was using to decorate the cake. Too, too cute!)

At any rate, here are some of my favorites:

Sweet Sisters

Dylan reading Baby Bear's Surprise, a tradition for every birthday child.

Taking baby shopping with a brand new grocery cart

Two!!!

Playing with Charlie, my brother's new puppy. Isn't he just the cutest?!


And in other wonderful and exciting news, my mom is home! We hadn't seen her since June, so we are all just thrilled that she'll be in town until after Christmas. She spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening at our house, and she offered to babysit for us tomorrow so that Darren and I can celebrate our anniversary! We'll probably use the opportunity to finish up our Christmas shopping, but I think that even that can be wonderfully romantic. Time alone with my hubby, no matter how we choose to spend it, is always a perfect gift!

AND, perhaps the most thrilling thing about yesterday! I had been feeling for the past week or so some vague fluttery sensations that I knew must be the baby moving, but nothing very distinct. Last night, though, after I got into bed, I spread my open hands against the growing swell of my lower belly and immediately felt several definite thumps...little punches or kicks! The absolute wonder of it nearly took my breath away. I couldn't stop grinning! I almost can't wait to go to bed tonight to see if it happens again. :)

9 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

Thanks for all the wonderful updates. And I must agree that it doesn't matter how many times you've been pregnant, the wonder of those first movements and kicks is so thrilling!

Jody said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Did you make the cake? It is super cute. Ooohh -those first flutters and kicks - so wonderful.

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Oh Melissa! You made me smile ear to ear when I read about the "thumps" you felt. I have been praying for you throughout this pregnancy and I LOVE hearing little (or big!) things like that that make me know how much God has in store for you--for your family, with this baby on the way.

Meghan is so precious. Thanks for sharing all the wonder for her birthday! Shepherd's is tomorrow! Whew....these December babies force us to slow down a bit, don't they? I am grateful for that.

Love to you, sweet friend!

mom-in-training said...

What a fun day for little Meghan and what a cute cake! I must say, I can tell she and Amy would get along so well. :) And those first kicks... definitely one of the best parts of pregnancy!

Sherri said...

Jeff and I just celebrated our anniversary on Tuesday. His mom kept our kids while we went to the movies. I'm like you...it doesn't matter what we do as long as we get out alone with each other!
I hope you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely family...

Jill said...

Glad your sweet girl had a great day!
I'm checking in today and you are 20 weeks! Half way!! How exciting. :)

Kristen Laurence said...

Those are precious, precious pictures, Melissa. And that cake is beautiful!

Easter Almuena said...

Oh, your children are so adorable! Merry Christmas, lovely family!