Saturday, December 01, 2007

Happy December!

I woke up this morning full of so many ideas of things I wanted to get done today. I thought we could do our Christmas pictures and order cards, finish decorating the house, hang the lights outside, tackle the laundry, get the grocery shopping done...

Well, about two hours and 94 pictures later, we did have some winners for the Christmas cards! And boy, let me tell you: this was no small task! I had mentioned to Jen this morning that I was a little stressed about getting a good group shot, and this was, by far, the hardest part! But I'm really happy now with the one we got, and I can't wait to order cards online tonight!




About the only other thing that gone done today was the shopping (oh, and one tiny load of laundry), but I'm okay with that! I restocked my supply of coffee creamer, feeling almost guilty as I greedily grabbed not one but two large containers of Chocolate Mint Truffle! ;) My sweet husband also surprised me by buying the new Josh Groban CD he knew I just had to have. I'm listening to it right now and it is beautiful. And speaking of beautiful, would you believe these gorgeous roses our neighbor offered us when we got home? In December! Now, if we can just keep the kitty away from them...

Darren's telling me the hamburgers and hot dogs are off the grill, so I guess that's my cue to get off the computer. Happy first of December!

5 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

Oh, they are too cute! Just beautiful!

Jen said...

Those pictures turned out great Melissa! See? You were worried for nothing. :-) And I'm glad to see you picked up the Chocolate Mint Truffle creamer. Seriously, it will make your day...or morning, or whenever you have it. I make a point to thank the Lord for little things like that. It's such a nice perk to us moms, you know? The roses are just beautiful. From St. Therese perhaps? :-) I am a big fan of Josh Groban. I can't listen to him sometimes though, because I get choked up. Isn't that silly?

Leticia said...

Gorgeous photos, such sweet smiles!

Sherri said...

Your pictures look great...good job!!! There's no reason to take them anywhere to pay for pictures...that's what I always say. Those look great!
Your house looks very Christmasy and homey!!

Jane Ramsey said...

Such beautiful pictures, Melissa! You did a great job!