Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Girl of Few Words

Meghan is a total mama's girl.

I don't mind saying this, because from the time they were born, Dylan and Caitlyn have been entirely devoted to Darren. (Well, almost entirely.)

But not my Meghan. Oh, no. This is a girl who will practically lunge out of Darren's arms when she sees me walk into a room, her entire body wiggling with delight, eyes alight with absolute adoration. It's a real sight to behold!

I love it.

Unlike Dylan and Caitlyn's infancies, during which time I was working three twelve hour night shifts a week and sleeping for long portions of the day, I have been here with Meghan every minute of every day. I savor every smile, every coo, every drooly "kiss". I celebrate every milestone ahievement as though she's the most brilliant baby in the world.

So it was with stunned silence that Darren and I stared at each other last night when Meghan proudly spoke her first word:

Da-Da.

(And then, of course, we laughed and applauded, because really, she just may well be the most brilliant baby in the world.)

3 comments:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

SO funny! ;) ...and so true. All three of mine said Da-Da before Ma-Ma. What's up with that?!

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope no one in the office heard me laugh out loud when I read this one!!! You're right, though, TOTAL mommys girl, she can't get out of my hands fast enough when she sees you!

Celeste Creates said...

Ditto here!