Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Farm Fresh Fun

After Mass on Sunday, we took the kids out to a local farm where you can pick your own vegetables for a ridiculously low price per pound. It was great! We loaded our baskets with tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers, eggplant, squash, and green chile. Dylan was thrilled beyond belief to find and pick his very own pumpkins (on which he promptly drew faces upon arriving home). It was hot, Meghan slept in her stroller the entire time, and all the rest of us got a little sunburned, but it was well worth it. I can't wait to go again next weekend!

3 comments:

~M~ said...

Thank you for the kind comment you left on my post.
I appreciate your prayers.

You have lovely children, andthese pictures are precious! Hoe fun picking the vegtables.
My best friend and I used to go every year to pick strawberries when we were young.

We'd get home coverd in strawberry juice and with huge buckets of strawberries.

God bless (and homeschooling is definitely the way to go!)
:)

Blair said...

Looks like fun! I've come across your blog a few times, you seem like a beautiful family. I tried your noodle necklace idea the other day when I was desperate...so much fun! Thanks for sharing your precious pictures and comments with us!
~Blair in TX :)

He who wears the most black wins. said...

What a great day!

Don't you love freshly picked produce?! YUM.

Cheers-