Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Sugar Bear



Austin has the most adorable little way of grunting and growling while he's nursing, earning him the affectionate nickname "Sugar Bear", which we all call him with a smile because he's just the sweetest little bear! (And, I just have to say that I don't remember any of my other children being so enthusiastic about nursing! He is so funny: his entire body wiggles and his little feet start kicking and his whole face just lights up when he knows I'm about to feed him!) His chubby little body is evidence that this is one little boy who skips no meals! ;) I don't know exactly how much he weighs now, but I know he's growing; I can no longer easily scoop him with one arm from his little bed into ours for night time feedings! And he's mostly wearing size 3-6 month clothes now, which makes me so happy because we have such a large selection of the cutest little outfits in that range. :)

Have I mentioned here that he can roll over now from his tummy to his back now, too? It's a trick he learned a few days ago while I was in the shower! I couldn't believe it! The big kids were supervising him while he enjoyed some tummy time on a little play mat on my bedroom floor, and Caitlyn started knocking persistently on my bathroom door, saying, "Mommy, Mommy, Austin rolled over!" I'm so glad that my other kids get as excited as I do about every little achievement. :)

He was hilarious at dinner time last night. We were telling a story, all of us taking turns around the dinner table, each adding more details to the plot of an imaginary trip to the zoo. It was really becoming quite hysterical ("POPCORN FIGHT!") and we were all cracking up. Pretty soon, Austin, who was sitting in Darren's lap, was laughing right along with us! It was the funniest thing to hear his piercing squeals and little chuckles! Seriously, cutest thing ever!

2 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

He is just so adorable. I can't wait to meet our next little boy. I am way tired of being pregnant! Wish I had my baby. But only three weeks from tomorrow for my c-section. I wish I could hold Austin - he just looks so squeezable!

Allison said...

Oh my goodness, he is just so cute! I want to steal him!