Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

My best friend has this incredible knack for discovering the most awesome books, so when I asked her a few years ago if she'd recently read any good ones and she mentioned her current captivating page-turner, I knew I'd want to borrow it. I was spellbound from the moment she loaned it to me a short while later. I could not put it down! I've since bought my own copy and read it multiple times, and even made Darren read it once or twice, too.

And now. Oh my goodness, now...it's being released as a movie and I cannot wait to see it! My sister-in-law alerted me to the trailer she saw this morning and it looks amazing. Watching it gave me goosebumps and made me cry so much I had to re-apply my make-up before leaving the house!

Really, even if you've never read the book, I think you'll agree that this is a must see movie. I am counting my calendar days until August 14!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I really want to read this book too.

Jill said...

Interesting. Very interesting. I think Rachel McAdams is great, so I'm glad she is starring as the lead role. I wondered when this would be made into a movie...

I read the book about a year ago. It got such rave reviews from other women, so our book club decided to read it. We always rated all of our selections on a scale of 1-10. I think we gave that one a 7. Slightly above average. We just didn't feel the love connection between the two as much as we thought we should have. (Definitely a 'sex' connection, though, which we thought was a little much on his part....sorry for the rated pg-13 word there.)
Anyway, but a page turner like you said.
It will be very interesting to see how they make it into a movie as it was sometimes hard to keep the sequencing straight.
Thanks for the heads up because I do not hear of any of these things where I live due to lack of TV and lack of current movies in the theaters. :)

I hope I didn't sound too negative about a story you obviously loved. It really is worth the read!