Monday, April 23, 2007

The daily grind

Darren is going back to work this morning.

While he was home recuperating, a large portion of the Christmas decorations I had stacked precariously against one wall of the garage came tumbling down (I wish now that I had listened when he told me that it was a disaster just waiting to happen). Of course I wouldn't let him lift anything, and somehow I never got around to righting the mess myself, either, so it's all still out there, a jumbled mess scattered over one half of the garage floor, beckoning me each time I step out there to start a load of laundry. Which, lately, hasn't been all too often. There's another thing I need to work on today! I've got about two weeks worth of clutter piled high on my kitchen counter, and my entire house is in need of a good deep cleaning.

It would appear that I've got my work cut out for me today!

But...

Can I just mope around for a while, instead? I miss him already.

No comments: