Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Cruel

For my lunch yesterday I prepared a delicate bed of salad greens, tossed a few cubes of cheddar on for good measure, drizzled the whole thing with fat free Blue Cheese Dressing, and then topped it all with a couple of chopped up, crispy Tyson chicken patties (sprinkled first with a verrrry liberal dose of Tabasco sauce. Mmmm!) It was, I think, one of the best lunches I've ever had. I loved it. I couldn't wait to have it again today. So once again, come lunch time, I prepared everything exactly as before, sat down at the dining room table in giddy anticipation of that first taste...

...and nearly gagged on my first bite.

Why, oh why, Crazy Pregnancy Hormones, must you do this to me?

5 comments:

Jill said...

I still have aversions to things I disliked during my pregnancy with Aslynn! Hormones are weird. But they help make such wonderful things! ;)

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

When I was pregnant with my first child, I went though a phase where I wanted the same exact meal for 2 days in a row and then I was on to the next thing for 2 more days. Weird!

Amy Parris said...

I can totally relate. All things food are not fun right now.

Sherri said...

That is SO how it works with the hormones! I would crave something fiercly..eat it once or twice, then gag thinking about it. There are still things to this day that I can't eat because I craved them when I was pregnant!
Do you usually get over the morning sickness after the first trimester?

Jane Ramsey said...

You poor thing! I know the feeling well.