Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Good Morning, Friends!

I think I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the dreary tunnel through which I've been trudging. Having spent the past four days attempting to comfort three sick children, with little sleep or rest in between, this morning has found us all feeling much better. No fevers, coughing at a minimum, few complaints of sore throats, nobody throwing up...and we all actually slept for most of last night! It was cold when we woke up this morning (28 degrees on our backyard thermometer!) and I was so excited by the change in weather that I brewed a steaming pot of Danielle's delicious hot cocoa to serve with our breakfast biscuits. Yum!

We're still in no rush, though, to get ready this morning. Caitlyn and Meghan are playing in the schoolroom, and Dylan is resting in the semi-permanent "nest" I created on our bedroom sofa a few days ago, reading The Littles and the Great Halloween Scare. And, speaking about Halloween, I read a great article a little while ago regarding the Catholic Christian celebration of All Hallows Eve. If any of you question the appropriateness of celebrating this holiday (which, as you all know, is one of our favorites), I would strongly urge you to read this enlightening article!

I hope to not be so absent from this blog in the coming weeks. I'm feeling well, now, much better than I have been recently. I've so missed you, my online friends, and I sincerely apologize for any seeming lack of indifference I may have inadvertently implied by my infrequent posts and comments. Please know that was never my intention! I hope you've not given up on me. I'm feeling much more social now that morning sickness and exhaustion are not my constant companions. :)

15 comments:

Jill said...

I did miss you very much. But, it's still fun to stop in and check on the baby ticker every day! ;) And there is no expectation for anyone to blog- especially in the first trimester and with a houseful of sick children!
I am glad you are back, though, and always with your peace and beauty. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Well! Jill said exacty what i was going to say. Hmm... She probably said it better. Glad you are feeling better!

Sherri said...

It's good to see that everyone is feeling better! It's hard when everyone is sick, especially if you don't feel well.
I have been dragging the last few days with an upset stomach. It makes me realize all over again that discipline on my part is the hardest part of homeschooling!

mom-in-training said...

I have missed reading your posts and all the sweetness, inspiration and encouragement they provide, but I certainly understand! I've done very little blogging myself, and I don't even have the excuse of sick children and morning sickness. ;) I'm so glad you are ALL feeling better! Blessings to you!

Kristen Laurence said...

Glad you're feeling better, Melissa. Don't ever feel bad about needing time from the computer - we all do at times.

Kristen Laurence said...

Oh, and I'm certainly hoping you'll contribute one of your delicious fall recipes to our upcoming Fall Feast. I keep looking at your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies at MBaMS, so I know you've got some yummy ideas!

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Welcome back, Babe. So glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I missed you!

Lillian said...

Melissa,

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. No need to apologize. Just get enough rest and drink your water. Blogging can wait. Right now just take care of that little baby!!

Laura said...

Melissa,
Hope you can catch up on some much needed rest! :)
I am so glad you included a link to the Halloween article! I was talking to a new friend on the phone last night and she has two little ones and is gathering information before making a decision in regards to celebrating Halloween or not...I will direct her to that great article! Thank you!
Hope you are feeling better...blog when you feel up to it!
Take Care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're all feeling better...

Jane Ramsey said...

I hope you're all feeling 100% soon, my friend!

Celeste Creates said...

So glad you are all getting better. You were on the heels of our sickness. Thanks for your prayers and note.

Jill said...

Hope all is well...

Blair said...

Been thinking of you guys. Hope everyone is well and that you had a wonderful week of Halloween and All Saints' Day!

Jane Ramsey said...

Missing your posts, Melissa, and wanting to make sure you're OK. Would you send me an email?

jerseylilyfloridacowboy@gmail.com